Thursday, January 20, 2011

The One

This is quite possibly the best photo I have ever taken:


It references this photo of French writer and philosopher Albert Camus:


I've been reminded recently of photographer Henri Cartier Bresson's famous quote, "Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." I've definitely taken that many photos since I got my first film camera in 2004, and I think I'm just now starting to get good at it. I'm just now finding that happy place between what I love and what I'm good at. I've known that I love photography and that I'm okay at it for a long time now. But only in the past year or so have I really started to explore the particular type of photography that I love and can do well (thanks in large part to having Josh and Lou in our house for the better part of that year). Hopefully, I'll keep getting better at it.

4 comments:

  1. Josh- you look like the coolest person who has ever lived. I might get nervous to talk to you the next time you're here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. I want to play one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, my wife and I met Doug this past Friday, just wanted to say we would love to get together with you guys & talk photo! Very nice picture & great quote too!

    Walter

    ReplyDelete