Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Married and Living Together

I decided I need to do a happy post after that last "I hate the world" post. Next week, Josh and Lou are moving in with us. They'll be inhabiting our guest bedroom, sharing with house duties, etc. And, yes they'll pay rent like real roommates. They're married...we're married. And soon, it'll be like we're all four married. Soooo many people think it's freaky weird that two married couples have decided to share living space. They ask, "Well...I mean...how long will they be there? What will y'all do about groceries? Where will they put their car? Are you sure that's a good idea?" Well, first of all....NUNYA. And secondly, yes, I'm sure it's a brilliant idea. What could be more fun than doing something everything thinks is weird with another married couple who shares your same values and outlook on life? We'll cook and eat together, play music together, budget our limited monies together, build a new deck and play in the yard. And all the while, we'll be giving them a cheap place to live that doesn't tie them down, and they'll be giving us a little safety net while we try to jumpstart our home business. Sounds pretty great to me. But some people are naysayers. Oh well. Poo on them. The video below pretty much sums up how I think our life with Josh and Lou will look like: sheer delight over splitting one $5 sandwich four ways. Yesss!



7 comments:

  1. Don't listen to naysayers and if you guys are sure about it, that's all that matters. I don't think what you are doing is all that uncommon either. I was reading somewhere the other day about couples doing this. I hope it all works out great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loves all 4 you guys, good lucks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure you guys should add an additional guest room to the house...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man! I totally forgot about that video!
    I can't wait to eat McDonald's with you guys every single day!
    And I didn't realize it was such a big deal that we were going to live with you guys. I thought everyone would think it was a good idea.

    Ryan, there's the Man Shed or the bathtub. You choose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just as I suspected :) your awesome. I must say Im a little jealous. Do we still get to hang out? lol...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude, I think that is totally awesome. We might actually end up doing the same thing one day soon. We're all weirdos! Props to you guys.

    ReplyDelete